Have you ever wondered if you are the right candidate for LASIK surgery? Are glasses and contact lenses not as comfortable as you’d like them to be? Homer Eyecare can evaluate if you are the right candidate for LASIK or other types of refractive surgery. We offer comprehensive consultation, as well as pre- and post-surgical care for patients who have decided to undergo refractive surgery.
In order to be evaluated for LASIK candidacy, you first need to have an eye health exam to determine your overall ocular health. Then, to determine candidacy for LASIK, additional tests must be completed as well. These tests include pachymetry to determine corneal thickness, topographic mapping of your corneas, and cycloplegic dilation to determine true optics for best surgical outcome.
Benefits of LASIK
- Improved Eyesight– The key benefit to choosing LASIK is that your vision is significantly better after the procedure. Research shows that 90% of people will attain 20/20 vision or better after LASIK.
- Improved Quality of Life– More than 8 out of 10 people who’ve undergone LASIK no longer need to use their glasses or contact lenses for most activities. Imagine all you could do without contacts or glasses getting in your way!
- Valuable Investment– It may seem like a high price at first, but when averaged over time LASIK actually saves you money. When you figure in the cost of your annual supply of contacts, glasses, frames, etc., LASIK is a more affordable option in the long run.
- Quick, Safe and Painless Procedure– The thought of having laser surgery on your eyes can be quite intimidating. We’re here to tell you that laser technology is highly accurate. On average, it takes about 10 minutes to have LASIK performed on both eyes.
- Quick Recovery– Whether you have a busy work or school schedule, or you’re eager to get home to spend time with your kids, it’s easy to return to normal day-to-day life after LASIK. As soon as the procedure is complete and you have received your post-operative instructions, you are able to return home. No need for bandages!