Before going to the ER for an eye emergency such as chemical burn, metal in the eye, loss of vision or eye infections, call us! Dr. Peter can diagnose eye conditions and decide on treatment to ensure your quickest recovery.
Homer Eyecare proudly offers 24/7 on-call triage for eye emergencies. We will assist you in determining urgency and connect you with an available provider, if necessary.
If you are experiencing an eye emergency during normal business hours please call 907-235-7745, then press 1 to reach one of our Patient Coordinators.
For after-hours emergencies call 907-235-7745 and press “0” to initiate care.
When prompt treatment is of the essence, we’ll see you through.
- Black spots in your vision
- Curtains in vision
- Eye injury/abrasion
- Flashes of light
- Foreign object in the eye
- Loss of peripheral (side) vision
- Red/crusty/swollen eyelids
- Severe eye pain
- Sudden blurry or hazy vision
- Sudden increase in floaters or new floaters
- Sudden vision loss
Please avoid the following until you’ve seen Dr. Peter:
- Putting previously prescribed medications or ointments in your eye
- Rubbing or applying pressure to the eye
- Trying to remove foreign objects that are stuck in any part of your eye
- Using tweezers or any other tools in your eye